Sales Associate ＋
RICHARD TAITTINGER GALLERY, a contemporary art gallery representing international, emerging, and mid-career artists within a secondary market the department is seeking a dynamic full-time Sales Associate to join its gallery team. Candidates should be highly motivated and have a minimum of 5 years of art sales experience with a strong active network. The candidate should have a proven track record and database of active clients, be highly sociable, professional, proactive, enthusiastic with strong communication skills. All applications are welcome and priority will be given to BIPOC candidates. RESPONSIBILITIES: -Work closely with the Gallery Owner, Sales Director, and Gallery Manager -Generate personal sales activity relating to the Primary and Secondary market, including consistent follow-up, finalizing sales with walk-in/online/telephone inquiries about gallery’s artists, maintaining sustained relationships with clients and consultants, and organizing private viewings -Communicate completed sales with Gallery Manager to ensure efficient fulfillment of financial transactions, client’s needs, and database stays up to date -Attend staff and sales meetings, gallery events, private viewings, and art fairs -Develop gallery client base and online sales opportunities utilizing social media platforms for primary artists and RTG print program QUALIFICATIONS: -Minimum of 5 years of work experience in sales -Knowledge of art history with an international scope is essential -Strong working knowledge of Mac computers, Microsoft Creative Suite, and Gallery Manager -Second language is highly preferred -Familiarity with social media and online platforms and transactions COMPENSATION: This is a commission-based position with a base salary commensurate with experience. How To Apply: To apply, please send a resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Social Media Intern ＋
Department: Digital Content & Communications Reports to: Owner of the gallery, Gallery Manager Paid Internship Position. The Social Media Associate is responsible for generating, adapting, and coordinating content for the Richard Taittinger Gallery’s digital platforms to support audience development goals. Core deliverables include short- and long-form content for the gallery’s social media channels and website, RTG, and other related or relevant platforms. The role supports all aspects of the RTG’s audience-facing activities and collaborates with colleagues across the gallery. Reporting to the Gallery Manager and owner, the Social Media Intern develops and executes integrated promotional strategies across all channels to raise the profile of the gallery, increase onsite visitation and online engagement, and support audience development goals for all aspects of the gallery’s operations. Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with colleagues in developing multichannel promotional strategies and tailoring them to digital editorial channels.
- In collaboration with the Gallery Manager and owner, draft content for the gallery’s social media channels on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and new channels that may develop in the future.
- Leverage expertise in social media platforms, current trends, and best practices.
- Ideate, research, copywrite, copyedit, fact-check, and gather assets to support editorial channels.
- Develop and track relevant goals and internal KPIs for benchmarking and optimization.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the gallery (Curatorial, Sales, etc.) to adapt messaging into audience-appropriate content.
- Maintain a clear and distinctive voice for the gallery brand.
- Translate academic prose into audience-focused messaging with clear calls to action.
- Uphold editorial standards of the RTG’s website.
- Support the development of long-form editorial content
- Implement updates to the Museum’s marketing style guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.