Sales Associate ＋
RICHARD TAITTINGER GALLERY, a contemporary art gallery representing international, emerging, and mid-career artists within a secondary market the department is seeking a dynamic full-time Sales Associate to join its gallery team. Candidates should be highly motivated and have a minimum of 5 years of art sales experience with a strong active network. The candidate should have a proven track record and database of active clients, be highly sociable, professional, proactive, enthusiastic with strong communication skills. All applications are welcome and priority will be given to BIPOC candidates. RESPONSIBILITIES: -Work closely with the Gallery Owner, Sales Director, and Gallery Manager -Generate personal sales activity relating to the Primary and Secondary market, including consistent follow-up, finalizing sales with walk-in/online/telephone inquiries about gallery’s artists, maintaining sustained relationships with clients and consultants, and organizing private viewings -Communicate completed sales with Gallery Manager to ensure efficient fulfillment of financial transactions, client’s needs, and database stays up to date -Attend staff and sales meetings, gallery events, private viewings, and art fairs -Develop gallery client base and online sales opportunities utilizing social media platforms for primary artists and RTG print program QUALIFICATIONS: -Minimum of 5 years of work experience in sales -Knowledge of art history with an international scope is essential -Strong working knowledge of Mac computers, Microsoft Creative Suite, and Gallery Manager -Second language is highly preferred -Familiarity with social media and online platforms and transactions COMPENSATION: This is a commission-based position with a base salary commensurate with experience. How To Apply: To apply, please send resume & cover letter to RTG Gallery Director, Michelle Vassallo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Intern ＋
Richard Taittinger Gallery is seeking a highly motivated and reliable intern to join our gallery as a Research Intern. This internship could lead to employment. The the candidate will be working directly with the Sales Director on Secondary Market blue-chip Impressionist, Modern, and Contemporary artist artwork research and preparation of sales materials. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to prioritize, a strong art market and art research background is familiar with the library research procedure, professional poise, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone wanting to learn more about a wide range of sales of an art gallery. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: weekly library visits for research, cross verifying artwork research and creating fact sheets on works, updating sales tracker sheet, archiving and organizing research and sales materials, preparation of sales offers, organization and follow up with sales staff on offers sent to clients. QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA in Art History, or related field knowledge of Impressionist, Modern, and Contemporary art and the art market
- Must have at least 2 years experience in artwork and Secondary Market artwork research
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Impressive communication and writing abilities required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop a plus
Gallery Intern ＋
Richard Taittinger Gallery is currently seeking a highly motivated and reliable person for the role of Gallery Intern. The ideal candidate must be reliable, calm, organized, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and be interested in pursuing a career in the arts. We are looking for a commitment for three full days a week for a minimum of 3 months. The hours are from 11 AM to 7 PM. On the day of an exhibition opening, interns should plan to be available until 9 PM. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Reliable and detail-oriented
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills
- Art history, design, curatorial studies or fine arts background required
- Fluency with Mac platform and the Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, photo editing, digital photography, video production/editing is preferred
- An interest in contemporary art, the art market, and the art world
- Daily administrative tasks as assigned by the Gallery Assistant or other gallery staff
- Maintaining a friendly demeanor toward guests at the front desk reception area and keeping the front desk reception area clean and organized
- Creating and updating records as requested: contacts, inventory, artist imagery
- Filing documents, updating sales materials, CVs, press kits, acting as a local courier, running gallery errands and art market such duties as needed
- Conducting industry-oriented research
- Light art handling
Digital Marketing Intern ＋
Richard Taittinger Gallery is currently seeking a number of highly motivated and authentic people to fill various internship roles in our digital marketing department. The ideal candidates must be forward-thinking, detail-oriented, able to identify trends, and have an eye for branding in the high-end luxury space. We are looking for a commitment for three full days a week for a minimum of three months. The hours are not specific, being as though most work will be completed remotely and will be predicated on a Monthly Content Calendar. However, we require a weekly commitment from 11 AM to 7 PM on Thursdays. We require each social media intern to meet weekly deadlines in the form of posts for different platforms according to the calendar. Content Day: Every Thursday the digital marketing team will meet to discuss the upcoming week of content, edit and refine the content calendar based on current events, and create content side by side. Requirements:
- Laptop (Mac/Windows)
- Smart Phone (iPhone)
- Content creators
- Video Editing (long-form, Micro)
- Graphic Design (quote photos, thumbnails, merchandise, print design, etc.)
- Writer (captions, storytelling, transcribing videos, LinkedIn content)
- Proficient in Adobe Suite & Google Drive
- Proficient in Facebook Ad Manager
- Awareness of inner workings of various social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Linkedin, etc…)
- Art management, communications, design, advertising & marketing or fine arts background required.
- Daily social media story posts (to be divided amongst various platforms)
- A weekly curation of content from assigned platforms.
- Suggestions/ideas for the monthly content calendar.
- Spend at least one/two hour(s) a day being “social” on the assigned social media platform
- Searching through hashtags relevant to our niche to acquire more followers.
- Direct Messaging various accounts.
- Liking and commenting (engaging) with accounts within our niche to increase visibility.
- Creating new weekly targeted ads for existing audiences and new audiences to increase sales traffic.
- Deliver finalized, post-ready creative (content) a week prior to the posting date.